Zoom U-22 Overview
The U-22 from Zoom is a mobile USB 2.0 recording and performance interface, featuring two analog inputs and two analog outputs, in an ultra-portable housing that makes it easy to connect to a laptop or iPhone/iPad for on-the-go audio creation. A low-noise microphone preamp allows for recording vocals, instruments and more, with resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
The XLR/TS combo input can record a microphone or line-level source, and provides 48V phantom power and Hi-Z support for connecting a guitar or bass. A mini stereo input is also available for recording an iPad, mixer, or other portable audio device. Only one recording input can be used at a time. When using the line input, the XLR/TS combo input is disabled.
For zero-latency recording and mixing, a direct monitoring switch allows listening to the input signal before it passes through the computer. Separate RCA output jacks and an independent headphone output provide multiple options for monitoring.
- Stereo USB audio interface for Windows, Mac, iPhone, or iPad
- Connect to iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately)
- XLR/TS input with microphone preamp with Hi-Z input support
- +48V phantom power
- Gain control knob for microphone/Hi-Z input
- Stereo mini line input
- Zero-latency direct monitoring
- Recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Dedicated left/right outputs on RCA connectors
- Stereo mini headphone output
- Includes download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite
- Power via two AA batteries (not included) or optional AC adapter
- Approximately five hours of operation with AA alkaline batteries
- Accepts standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries