The RØDE M3 is a highly versatile end-address condenser microphone, designed to be completely at home in the studio, on stage or on location. It is equally suitable as an instrument microphone for guitars, drums and percussion or even vocals.
Find other Studio Microphones here
Featuring a heavy duty metal body and internally shock mounted 1/2″ condenser capsule mounted for end-address, the M3 can be powered either via P48 phantom power, or an internal 9V battery.
A -10dB and -20dB level attenuator (pad), selectable from inside the battery compartment, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as a guitar amplifier or snare drum. A high-pass filter selectable on the microphone power switch introduces a filter at 80Hz to reduce low frequency sounds and handling noise.
Rode M3 Key Feature
- On-mic selectable high pass filter @ 80Hz-12dB/Oct (-10 and -20dB PAD)
- Heat-treated high-strength mesh head
- Battery status indicator
- 9V Battery Power, 24 or 48V Phantom Power
- Includes wind shield, mic clip and zip pouch
|Acoustic Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer|
|Frequency Range||40Hz – 20kHz (selected HPF @80Hz)|
|Maximum Output Level||9.2mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-40.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (6.30mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||21dBA|
|Dimensions||225.00mmH x 33.00mmW x 33.00mmD|
How can I connect my mono microphone XLR output to a stereo TRS socket?
- To connect the XLR microphone output to a TRS stereo input (3.5mm socket) you will need to buy or make a XLR to stereo TRS cable, to make the cable please follow the instructions in the picture below. This cable will allow connection between the microphone and a camcorder or DSLR camera.
This cable will allow you to connect your microphone output to a stereo TRS input and receive the audio signal on both the input channels.
Please Note: Should the microphone require phantom power to operate, this will not be available from a TRS socket.
What 9V battery does RØDE recommend?
- We recommend an Alkaline or Lithium battery for the best possible battery life. All RØDE specifications have been carried out using this type of battery. If you use a slightly lower power battery, the mic will work but may not meet our published specifcation.
There are no reviews yet.