Based on RODE’s award winning NTG3 shotgun microphone, the Rode NTG8 is a broadcast quality RF-bias shotgun microphone that exhibits increased directionality across a wide frequency response range. This makes the Rode NTG8 the perfect microphone for film, television, sports and outdoor broadcasting, live performance, and any professional distance miking application.
Find other Studio Microphones here
Like the ode NTG3, the Rode NTG8 features low self-noise, natural sound without colouration both on and off-axis, and RF bias technology to ensure that it is almost completely resistant to high humidity environments which could cause other condenser microphones to fail.
The Rode NTG8 is finished in matte black and supplied with a specially designed shock mount (SM8) that is engineered to provide excellent handling noise isolation, cable management and versatile mounting options for the microphone. A rugged weatherproof aluminium cylinder is also included, providing ultimate protection for the microphone when in transport or storage. The WSNTG8 windshield completes the package, providing light environmental protection.
- Superior broadcast sound quality
- High Sensitivity
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Highly directional polar response
- Natural sounding audio both on and off-axis
- Designed to withstand adverse environmental conditions
- Extremely low handling noise
- High level of immunity to radio frequency interference
- True Condenser (external RF biased)
- Includes weatherproof aluminium cylinder for transport, SM8 shock mount and wind shield
|Acoustic Principle||Line Gradient|
|Active Electronics||RF Bias|
|Frequency Range||40Hz – 20kHz|
|Maximum Output Level||8.2mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-20.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (97.50mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||8dBA|
|Dimensions||559.00mmH x 19.00mmW x 19.00mmD|