Rode PodMic DYNAMIC PODCASTING MICROPHONE
The PodMic is a broadcast-quality dynamic microphone optimised for podcasting. It has a rich, balanced sound, with an internal pop filter to minimise plosives and internal shockmounting to reduce vibration.
The PodMic is optimised for use with the RØDECaster™ Pro Podcast Production Studio, but will also offer exceptional results with any high-quality microphone interface.
The PodMic Key Features
- Broadcast-quality dynamic capsule
- Optimised for speech applications
- Internal pop filter to minimise plosives
- Robust, all metal construction
- Designed for use with RØDECaster™ Pro Podcast Production Studio
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Frequency Range||20Hz ~ 20kHz|
|Sensitivity||-57.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (1.60mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Phantom Power||Not required|
|Dimensions (L x W x H, mm)||172 x 109 x 62|
|Compatible RØDE Accessories||PSA1|
- This microphone has an XLR connection, so you will need a standard 3-pin XLR cable, as well as an audio-interface like the RØDE AI-1 or RØDECaster Pro, which will act as the bridge to your computer for recording. You can then use the microphone to record to a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) like Pro Tools, Cubcase, Ableton, Logic, Garageband or Reaper to name a few, or similar audio recording
- Due to the design of the swing mount, the PodMic cannot be attached to an external shock mount. However, the PodMic’s capsule is internally suspended and the swing mount is internally decoupled from the body, so you do not need to use a shock mount. There’s also an in-built pop filter, so you do not need to use a windshield.
- PSA1 Professional Studio Boom Arm
- DS1 Desktop Microphone Stand
- Tripod Mini Tripod Stand