Rode Lavalier GO Professional-grade Wearable Microphone
Rode Lavalier GO Professional-grade Wearable Microphone is a professional-grade wearable microphone designed for use in a wide range of applications. The 3.5mm TRS connector is designed to pair perfectly with the RØDE Wireless GO and most recording devices with a 3.5mm TRS microphone input.
Lavalier GO is designed to perform excellently in any broadcast application. Featuring a discreet 4.5mm omnidirectional microphone, it delivers crystal clear audio in all environments and is incredibly forgiving when it comes to placement on talent, allowing for greater flexibility in fast-paced situations.
A foam pop shield is supplied to minimise wind noise and vocal plosives (hard ‘b’, ‘t’ and ‘p’ sounds), as well as a durable mounting clip with in-built cable management for quick and easy rigging. It also features a hard-wearing Kevlar® reinforced cable, designed to withstand the rigours of any shoot.
Lavalier GO also comes in white for easy concealment against bright clothing.
Rode Lavalier GO Key Features:
- Professional-grade lavalier mic with 3.5mm TRS jack
- High-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule
- Discreet 4.5mm miniature microphone
- Kevlar® reinforced cable
- Includes pop shield and durable mounting clip
- Also comes in white.
IN THE BOX:
- Lavalier GO
- Professional-grade Wearable Microphone
- Pop Shield
LAVALIER GO SPECIFICATIONS
ACOUSTIC & ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
|Acoustic Principle||Permanently Polarised Condenser|
|Frequency Range||20Hz – 20kHz|
|Output Impedance||3k Ω Typical|
|Signal to noise Ratio||67 dB|
|Equivalent Noise||27 dB Typical|
|Maximum SPL||110 dB|
|Sensitivity||-35dB (17.8mV @94dB SPL)|
|Dynamic Range||83dB Typical|
|Power Requirements||Powered from plug-in power TRS socket (2.7V)|
|Output Connection||Gold-plated TRS plug|
- The VideoMic GO is extremely user-friendly as there’s no switches or battery to worry about – just plug in and go. All microphones need power however, and in the case of the VideoMic GO it is drawing a very small voltage commonly referred to as “plug-in power” from your camera (or recording device) via the audio cable.
Plug-in power has long been a standard for camera manufacturers, and so the VideoMic GO is compatible with the vast majority of cameras in the market.
While this is by no means a complete list, following is a list of cameras that we can confirm do not support the VideoMic GO. Please refer to the specifications of your particular camera for information on whether it supplies power via the microphone jack.
- Nikon D7000
- Canon T3/1100D
- Canon C100, C300, C500
- Canon VIXIA HFR500
- Canon VIXIA HFG20, HFG30
- Canon XA-10
- Canon Vixia G10
- Canon Legria HF G25
If you are experiencing issues getting your VideoMic GO to operate with a camera not listed above, firstly be sure to update your camera’s firmware to the latest version (available from your camera manufacturer’s website). If you are still experiencing issues please get in touch with us via our support page.
- The RØDE cold shoe adaptor is a standard size adaptor, also known as a universal shoe mount. This standard shoe is suitable for the majority of camera attachments.
If your camera has a different, or custom adaptor, please contact your camera manufacturer for information on converters to fit the universal shoe connection.
- Yes, all of our microphones in the VideoMic range have a standard 3/8 thread built into the bottom of the cold shoe mount for connection to a boompole, mic stand or tripod.
- This is usually caused by the function of “Automatic Gain Control” or “AGC” on the camera.
Basically, when the camera cannot sense an audio input signal it automatically increases the gain of the input. It is increased so much that the noise floor in the camera microphone amplifier becomes audible .
The AGC can be disabled on some cameras and it is worth checking with you camera manufacturer for information on this, which can sometimes require a firmware update to the camera.
RØDE have created the VideoMic Pro to help combat this issue, the VideoMic Pro contains a 20dB pre amplifier, boosting the mic signal so that the camera will see a good signal level and not engage its AGC.
We recommend setting your audio levels manually to achieve an optimum signal to noise ratio and disabling the AGC of the camera.
- MINIFUR-LAV Artificial Fur Wind Shield
- LAV-CLIP Microphone Mounting Clip
- invisiLav Discreet lavalier mounting system
- SC4 3.5mm TRS to TRRS adaptor
- Lav-Headset Headset mount for Lavalier Microphones