The Rode i-XLR is a broadcast quality XLR to Lightning interface for iOS devices, that allows reporters, correspondents and audio professionals to quickly and easily capture professional interview dialogue to a smartphone or tablet. A generous three meter shielded cable allows the operator to store the phone in a pocket or bag, and a headphone output with adjustable level on the body makes it easy to monitor your audio during an interview.
Find other Studio Microphones here
Rode i-XLR Key Feature
- High quality digital interface for XLR microphones
- 3m shielded Lightning cable
- 3.5mm headphone jack with variable level
- -20dB pad switchable in app*
- Record status LED on device*
- Compatible with all dynamic and self-powered microphones
In the Box
- Rode TX-XLR Wireless Transmitter
|Power Options||Powered by device|
|Dimensions||80mmH x 33mmW x 35mmD|
|Output||Apple Lightning connector|
- No. The i-XLR does supply plug-in power so in addition to dynamic and self-powered microphones, when paired with the appropriate adapter it is compatible with the majority of lavalier and headset style microphones.
- The i-XLR’s headphone output provides zero latency analogue monitoring which is a direct feed from the microphone you have plugged in. This is not affected by the analogue to digital conversion and will always be on while the i-XLR is powered.
- The i-XLR does require power from the device to operate and will have an effect on its battery life. This shouldn’t be significant however should be taken in to account.