Rode HS2 Lightweight headset microphone
The Rode HS2 Lightweight headset microphone is a low profile, ergonomic and lightweight headset microphone that provides clean, clear and pronounced audio for any application where the microphone needs to be in close proximity to presenter’s mouth.
The result of an extensive and complete redesign process, the RØDE HS2 features an adjustable corrosion resistant stainless spring-steel boom arm and headband connected to pliable hypoallergenic silicone ear strips for maximum flexibility and user comfort.
Coated in a durable ceramic painted finish in either black (HS2-B) or pink (HS2-P) the HS2 is also available in two different sizes (small or large) to ensure the perfect fit and function for any individual.
The headset is connected via a 1.2m (4′) braid shielded, Kevlar® reinforced cable, terminating at a gold plated 3.5mm TRS output with a removable locking nut to ensure a secure connection to a wide range of recording devices and wireless transmitters, including the RØDE Filmmaker and Newsshooter kits.
The HS2’s light weight, comfortable fit, low self-noise, minimal appearance and user friendly omni-directional polar pattern make it an ideal microphone for film, television, video, theatre, house of worship and live vocal performance.
Rode HS2 Key Features
- Updated low-profile ergonomic design
- Ultra-Lightweight construction for complete comfort
- Adjustable corrosion resistant stainless spring steel boom arm and headband
- Flexible hypoallergenic sillicone ear strips
- Durable ceramic painted finish available in black or pink
- Available in small or large sizes
- Omni-directional polar pattern
- Low handling noise
- Includes Mini-furry and pop filter / windshield
- 1.2m Kevlar reinforced braid shielded cable
- Gold plated 3.5mm TRS output with removable locking nut
IN THE BOX:
- Lightweight headset microphone
- Pop Filter (black)
- Cable Management clip
- Mini Furry
|Acoustic Principle||Permanently Polarised Condenser|
|Active Electronics||JFET impedance converter|
|Frequency Range||60Hz – 18kHz|
|Maximum Output Level||189.0mV (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KΩ load)|
|Sensitivity||-47.2dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (4.70mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz|
|Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted)||36dBA|
|Dimensions||50mmH x 124mmW x 205mmD|
- The HS2 is compatible with the complete suite of RØDELink Wireless transmitters as well as any 3.5mm microphone input which supplies plug-in power, with or without a locking thread.
- The boom arm is made of a stainless spring steel and is designed to be bent by hand into the correct position. It is recommended you use both hands, when doing this.
- Yes, the HS2 has a removable mic arm which can be placed on either side of the headband, making it easier to keep the microphone out of sight, when this is required for on camera scenarios. Simply click the boom arm back into the capture point, ensuring that the small stopping plug is inside the retainer.
- The large size is designed generally for adults, while the small is recommended for children. Both sizes are adjustable for a broad range of sizing options.
- Yes, many manufacturers of portable recording devices only state that their microphone inputs have plug-in power and do not give any more technical information. The HS2 is compatible with this type of connection.
- WS-HS1 Pop Filter/Wind Shield