With the Phantom 3 Standard, DJI introduces 2.7K aerial video acquisition to the Phantom line. Its dedicated camera is mounted via a 3-axis motorized gimbal that stabilizes the footage and enables manual tilting in-flight. Thanks to redesigned, more efficient motors, flight times of up to 25 minutes are possible.
This bundle features the aircraft, gimbal camera, a set of propellers, flight battery and 8GB memory card. It requires the radio controller and battery charger, both available separately.
- Redesigned Motors
- New motors introduced with the Phantom 3 Standard feature higher performance relative tyoto their weight. Curved DJI electromagnets are used to spin the motors at high, controllable speeds – all by using magnetic force, without any physical contact, to increase durability
Intelligent Flight Control System
- GPS-Assisted Autopilot System
- GPS integration enables enhanced stability and a provides a number of assisted flying and full autopilot features, such as return to home, Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC), and and Point of Interest (POI) lock.
- Return Home
- With GPS enabled, the Phantom 3 will remember its takeoff point and automatically return to the pilot if the control signal is ever lost.
- Auto Hover
- After takeoff, it automatically hovers in place, waiting for your command. It then changes altitude or direction at the flick of a finger. When you want it to stop, it again pauses and hovers, waiting for your next instruction
Gimbal-Stabilized 2.7K Camera
- Up to 2.7K Video and 12MP Stills
- The included camera system features video recording at up to 2.7K (UHD) video in H.264 and also takes JPEG and DNG RAW photos at 12MP. In addition, it shoots Full HD 1080p video at up to 30 fps and 720p video at up to 60 fps. Video and photos are recorded to a microSD card
- Integrated 3-Axis Gimbal
- The gimbal provides stability by counteracting unwanted motion such as wind buffeting or vibration and also keeps the horizon level even as the quadcopter banks. A control dial on the radio controller (available separately) allows you to manually tilt the camera
- 94° Wide Angle Lens
- The camera features a 94° angle-of-view lens, which is a narrower angle than a fisheye for less distortion while still being wide enough to enable capturing establishing shots. The lens features an f/2.8 aperture and is comprised of 9 elements, including an aspherical element
DJI Go App for Remote Operation and Live Monitoring
- Tether your iOS or Android mobile device to the Phantom 3 Standard to view a live feed from the camera, access camera settings, enable waypoint navigation, and more
- 720p Video Downlink
- Monitor a live video feel with low latency at up to 720p resolution
- Remote Camera Operation
- Through the app you can frame your shot, snap still, photos, and record video. It can also be used to access manual settings, such as shutter speed. Once done recording, you can use the video editor to create movies ready for sharing
- Ground Station-Style Navigation
- Use the app to display a live map that tracks your Phantom 3 Standard as it flies. You can also show flight telemetry (OSD), including speed, altitude, and distance. Your course and telemetry can be loged for evaluation or reminiscence back home
- Intelligent Flight Battery
- The flight battery slots into the “tail” of the Phantom 3 and features and on/off switch plus four LED charge indicators that are visible while flying, so you can keep track of remaining flight time without needing to consult the app. For recharging, balance and power regulation is handled internally within the battery itself. You simply plug it into a wall outlet with the supplied power cord and you are good to go. The battery is able to lasts up to 25 minutes, depending on flying conditions (charger available separately)